No one wants their child on the sidelines due to an injury, especially a preventable one like a foot or ankle injury! Thankfully there are things you can do to prevent those injuries in your athlete and keep them playing!
- Stretch! Stretching is an important part of any warm up and cool down, make sure to stretch the ankles, calves and feet.
- Taping or braces, they give extra support and will help keep the ankle from rolling to one side or the other. Taping is better in sports that don’t require a lot of jumping, braces are better for sport like volleyball and basketball.
- Build strength around your ankle, make sure your child isn’t skipping leg day and is strengthening the muscles around their ankle, feet, and calves
- Wear the right shoes, your child needs proper shoes for the sport they are playing. The best way to make sure they are in the right shoes is to use a sports shops that specializes in sports shoes.
- Get your child adjusted, when your child is properly aligned they are less prone to injury and will perform their best.
If you have anymore questions feel free to contact our office today and we will be happy to get your little athlete in tip top shape!
Call us today to get your little slugger ready to play!